Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's easy being green!

My new found passion for eating really well continues with my first foray into green juice. I have been super keen on green smoothies for ages now but hadn't tried green juice. I think I was a bit freaked out about trying to juice without a juicer, but joyfully enough my beloved's amazing Thermomix is exceptionally suited to the job, especially as what really happens is that everything gets blended in super high power and nothing is left out. Eating the entire vegetable!

Not to worry what machine you've got at home though, just use it!

Super-charge your diet with green stuff!

So what was in my first attempt?

broccoli stalks (2 small ones - all I had)
baby spinach (a handful)
cucumber (a whole one!)
celery (4 big stalks)
ginger and
a pear
+ a tray of ice and 250mls of water (required for blending)

SO good! I was not expecting that. Much easier to drink than the much heavier smoothie.

Suffice to say this made a lot! I drank half a litre for lunch and still have 2 cups for afternoon tea and maybe breakfast tomorrow (it can store for up to 24 hours)

Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment