Friday, October 19, 2012

A peek at what I eat in a day



I am currently wrangling with just HOW I want to be eating at this point in my life, and HOW I can maintain good habits for a long time rather than just in the short term. I am thinking of food as an integral and direct contributor to my SOUL health. The body is the temple, the gateway to the soul. Everything we eat, then, as far as I see it is contributing to your sense of peace and balance in the world.

I am resisting trying to adhere to a particular diet such as raw, paleo, vegan etc. I am letting intuition guide me. Intuition is different from responding to cravings! I have lots more to say on the subject of food and I'll get to it another time, for if you've read this blog before you know it occupies a lot of my time. Lately, I am enjoying it more and more, and loving preparing really great food. 

So, what did I eat yesterday?

Upon waking : 
2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar in a glass of water
1/4 cup of kefir
Floradix Iron supplement

Breakfast:
Coffee with a dash of hot milk with honey to sweeten
home made grain free muesli including linseed, almonds, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds with an apple and a tablespoon of natural yoghurt (sometimes I omit this and just have juice on the mix as pictured above).

Morning tea (I get hungry mid and late afternoon rather than at lunch so tend to eat more substantially at these times):

Left over salad nicoise (beans, tomato, potato, olives, anchovies, olive oil) with fresh salmon

Flat white
2 pieces of Pana Chocolate Cinnamon chocolate

Afternoon tea:
Tuna with fresh dill, mayo, lemon juice and rock salt on baby cos lettuce leaves
handful of sweet potato chips

Dinner:
Green smoothie (baby spinach, silverbeet, banana, almonds, seeds, blueberries, apple juice)

Haloumi with fresh mint and lemon juice.

Lots of water with mint and lemon and probably a few medjool dates during the day too!



No comments:

Post a Comment