Monday, February 6, 2012

One of these three things controls your life...

On Saturday I changed my life.

I discovered that I have been seeking something ALL of my life from everyone and everything. On Saturday, with the help of a wonderful healer named Doulla, I was able to identify it and begin the process of setting myself free. I feel like the prison door has been swung wide open and now the rest is up to me.

The best part is, it was so simple. And it is operating in your life too.

Every one of us is seeking one of three things that we feel we didn't get at some point in our lives. For me, it began at age 2 months ( I was able to identify this with Doulla's help). But don't worry, you don't need to know when this all began because I can guarantee that it did begin at some time and has been owning you ever since.

So what are these things? And which one has been controlling you?

LOVE

APPROVAL

APPRECIATION

Figure out which one of these has been motivating your life and you've got the key in your hand. Looking at your interactions with the world knowing this and you are walking out of the prison cell. Break the addiction to this feeling of lack and your running free through meadows of flowers with the sun on your back!

For me, it is approval. One key relationship in my very early life set up this pattern of seeking and feeling like I had failed to gain approval. And since then, unknowingly, I have been seeking it again and again. And unfortunately I am primed to feel disapproved of in my primary relationships and even when that disapproval isn't there, I feel like it is! When I don't get it, which in truth I never can because I don't believe I am approval-of, I set off on an emotional roller coaster ride and then become defensive and shut down.

Spend some time thinking about it and you'll be able to map your response too. The key to changing all of this for me is SELF-APPROVAL, of course, but I'll write more about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment