Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”













This summer I went back in time. It was a plan I hatched when I was pregnant with my son and preparing for his baby blessing. Such love reached across the country to me that I knew it was time to go home.

WA has not been my home for more than a decade and I have rarely visited it since leaving in 2001. But the friendships formed there are as real and important as ever, and I knew it was my time to give some love back to the people who have not left my heart despite all the time and distance.

There is something rare and precious about friendships made when we were young. There is an effortless familiarity. I do not have to explain to you who I am. And yes, we change, but not our hearts. I am so blessed to know so many wonderful open hearted souls. It was worth the journey.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one". C.S Lewis

2 comments:

  1. And how wonderful it was to see you again. It never feels as if any time has passed, even though the years have flown. Love you beautiful lady. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too dear one. Your home, your family and the life you have so intentionally created is such a lovely reflection of your beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete