Thursday, January 10, 2013

Are you viable enough?


I send my son to a school in Melbourne's inner north, a tiny little collection of terrace houses with only 60 children from prep to year 6. The school has three aims for the students. The first is happiness. The last is academic excellence. And in the middle is the rather strange notion of 'viability'. I have often wondered what exactly is meant by this although I know I am seeing it in action when I see the confident, friendly, busy, creative kids so at home in their school.

I would describe the students as robust. Just recently the principal commissioned a mini doco to convey what is meant by viability. Although specific to this school I love the idea of what they are trying to impart and certainly think we could all do with a bit more viability.

Check it out...


Viability

No comments:

Post a Comment