Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I don't know how you feel about Jesus, but...

I had this strong feeling last night as I put my little man to bed. This strong feeling was and is about Jesus.

I don't know how you feel about Jesus, and it isn't often something I talk about. This blog is all about the spiritual dimension of life but I guess I don't touch on things that sound religious.

The thing is, I do love Jesus just as I love Buddha and Quan Yin and these other deities who have shown us how to live as a divine being on this human journey. But because of the religious connotations, which for many are negative, expressing a devotion to Jesus is kind of complicated for me.

It's the same for me with my use of the term God. I love God. I understand it to mean oneness and our own highest nature. But for lots of folk it means conformity, oppression and religious dogma. It just isn't cool with the kids.

Anyway, my strong feeling was this...

Jesus' birth and death had the same impact. More then that they were one and the same. The moment of his birth was the moment of his death and it is these two moments that changed the world.

The feeling is going to take more than one post to examine. The thing is it is the same for us. It is who we are at the moment of our birth and who we are at the moment of our death that changes the Universe, that makes our true contribution to the evolution of all that is. Everything else in between is the scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment