Monday, January 9, 2012

The Girl who wanted to know God


If you really want to know, I guess what I've been doing is working out when I started to go looking, how it happened that I became separated in the first place, and if I was ever to make my way back there. These first couple of stories that I have just let happen upon the page let me know that at one time I wasn't looking, because I wasn't lost. I was right there smack bang in it.

But I don't want to make a sorry state of it all by looking back and asking where it all went wrong. To tell the truth, I got separated long before I remember much about anything. And from this great distance, I can almost see that the conclusion is that I never went anywhere in the first place. Although, that's getting ahead of myself.

My mother raised me in a certain kind of way, as all our mothers do, but at some point in time the search became mine and mine alone. And it's going on even this minute, although I feel like I might be getting closer, which is to say, making some sense out of it, not necessarily knowing. And what is it I'm so keen to find. God. This is the story of how it goes.
image from mygoddesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment