Friday, December 21, 2012

As you sow...

In meditation recently I sat before some great deities and waited for the message they wanted to share with me.

I was hoping for specific instruction or insight that would tell me what was next on my path in concrete terms.

What I heard was...

 As you sow so shall you reap.

I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me, running this well worn adage through my mind rather than letting me experience real connection.

But then, what is more true and profound than this? Do I curse the world on one hand, and expect miracles in the next? Do I yell at other drivers on the road then call for peace in my meditation? Do I take more than I need and then ask for more from an already generous Universe? Do I think it is ok to speak u kindly of others and then become enraged when others do it to me?

The answer to all of theses is YES. I behave in one way and expect something different to come to me. How foolish.

The immense power of this statement, as you sow so shall shall you reap, is appearing in my life on a daily basis. I cannot live half heartedly as a spiritual being, dedicating time to meditation and then raging against the world in my daily life.

This is not about a system of reward. I do not believe that it is like depositing money in the bank, this idea of living in loving kindness. It is far deeper. I seek peace, and as such I must give peace. Then, even when I am kind and receive pain, abuse, fear etc back it doesn't matter. I am living in peace and as such the world becomes a peaceful place to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment